Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16th Today I Felt Like it

Today I felt like it.  I felt like I was the person who knew it - what I was doing; who I was; the reason I was set here, my purpose, my passion; my love.

I'm striving to be an influence.  I'm striving to better the world.  I'm hoping to be an asset to all who come across my path.

I am who I am.  No one can change that.  I am a person who knows why she's here.  I am a person who loves the feeling of being herself.  I am a person who loves the feeling of happiness and enrichment her best friends give her.  I am a person who tries her best to live the seven standards of Terra Libre (this is about Summit) - Work Hard, Serve Others, Seek Knowledge, Promote Peace, Protect the Weak, Respect Women (or in my case, men), Live By Faith.  I am someone who would fight with courage, honor, and victory.  Courage, knowing that, no matter what, God would deliver me.  Honor, fighting with the knowledge that I am standing for what is right.  Victory, knowing that even if the battle fought on ground is not won, I have already won in my heart.  I am a person who walks in a straight line, following the straight path that will lead me home.

I was set here to live a life of trial, tribulation, hardship, and enduring.  I was set here to live in the family I'm in - to be an example.  I was set here to learn.  I was set here to gain a better knowledge and understanding of the gospel so I would know my Heavenly Father better in the next life.  I was set here to be a woman of virtue.  I was set here to multiply and replenish the earth according to the way God wills me to do it.  I was set here to teach the standards of the gospel to my prosperity.  I was set here to raise a generation of noble, virtuous saints that would glorify God and His works.  I was set here to live life to the fullest.

I love life.  I love the people in it.  I love all the opportunities.  I love my family, my friends.  I love who I feel destined to be.  I love my dreams.  I love myself in that good, confident way.  I love aspiring to be better at being myself each day.  I love everything I can do.  I love everything about myself.  I love knowing that my Heavenly Father loves me.  I love knowing my family loves me.  I love knowing that my parents and my friends are always there for me.  I love knowing that God is always there for me and He will love me more than anyone ever can and that He is always there for me, even when I think no one is.

Thanks to everyone I know for being who they are.  For being a friend.  Thank you for knowing what to say.  For being there.

A. J. McKay

3 comments:

  1. You rock! Thanks for being who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's got straight lines? Amory has straight lines.

    Lady Amory, you rock the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful, Amory!! It reminded me of who I am, and my purpose. I love seeing other people who know who they are, and embrace what God sent them here to do, especially when it's a young women who joys in her potential for motherhood. It makes me so happy!
    You are going to make a powerful difference in the world, Amory; with your love of life and other people, and your beautiful ability to communicate that; your bright happy spirit tat makes everyone feel loved.

    You are amazing!

    Love you, girl!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete