This is going to be a really gushy (and probably pretty cheesy) post, everyone. Just so you know. ;)
This past Friday and Saturday, I participated in an event called Mastering Knighthood Summit. (If you want to know more about it, please click on the page to the right entitled "Summit.") After participating in Summit this year, I have come to a definite conclusion: I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Summit; Summit is my favorite (don't ask me what that means - it just is); Summit is where my heart lies; Summit is where family is; Summit is home.
Summit is a part of me and I am a part of it; I wouldn't miss it for the world! I would take it over Christmas; over vacation; over a family reunion; over a first trip to Disneyland or a trip to any other theme park; over the only time available to go on a date with anyone (sorry guys! Haha. ;) ); over any Renaissance Fair or event; over Sheepdog Trials (and that's saying a lot); over Swiss Days; OVER ANYTHING; (except maybe the birth of a sibling or something like that). Summit - serving at Summit - is the best feeling to experience over and over, even in slightly different ways each time. You might be sore afterward but that's just even better - it shows you put heart, soul, and body into it; that's important and impressive. Summit is just my one thing that I love with all my heart.
This year was amazing. Every year is amazing. But every year it gets better and better as we're able to work out all the kinks. This year a perfect job was found for the maidens: Assistant Camp Matrons. So instead of basically wandering around doing nothing like we've done before, we've helped the Camp Matrons do their job and make sure everything gets done and taken care of just right to help take care of the Knights and Master Knights and other people in our camp. That service is one thing that I love doing. Not only do I love being able to witness what is going on in the plot and what the Knights are doing and how the Master Knights are leading, etc., I just love being able to help and serve and love the people that I'm doing it with.
I love the experience at Summit. The volunteers there have such a wonderful, spiritual sense of love and devotion and virtue that adds to everything we do. Summit wouldn't be the same without that sense. And the people there, especially all the youth - they are incredible. They inspire me, lift me up, strengthen me. Before Virtue Summit in July, I was having a bit of a hard time with myself and acting like myself and being who I needed to be. I looked forward to Summit because I knew that the feeling I would surely get there was going to help me. And it did. I felt renewed and strengthened and I've been perfectly fine ever since.
I can't wait 'til next year. I'm so so so so sooooooooooooo excited to see what it will be like! With the ingenious Queen Emily running it and coming up with new ideas for it, I'm confident that it will be just as wonderful or better next year. Until then...
Farewell, Ladies and Sirs. I am going to live life knowing that who I am is important. I have a role to play - and I will play it.
Lady Amory
Amory, you made my cry. I love you! Thank you for being such a beautiful and virtuous example of young womanhood!
ReplyDeleteQueen Emily
Well spoken, beautiful Amory.
ReplyDelete