Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9th I Wouldn't Be Surprised If You All Plugged Your Ears Right... Now

Okay, guys.  First of all, my Driver's Ed. teacher SERIOUSLY should go study English.  He has such bad grammar it's hard to understand him.  I also think he should take Speech and Debate.  He is not organized.  I learn the most from his videos and worksheets.

Okay, here's the part you're going to kill me for.  See, I want to be an English teacher when I grow up.  I want to teach about proper grammar and punctuation and stuff like that.  Once, I was doing research on this one kind of dog (it really was for class, I promise!) and I found this article about it.  I was reading it and came across the word "which."  It should have said "with," but I dismissed it as an accidental mistake.  Then I came across it again.  And again.  My friend was sitting across the table from me.  She saw me tense up.  I was horrified!!  I could not believe that someone would purposely do that!  I mean, there are frequently misused words that I can deal with like "then" instead of "than" and "to" instead of "too," but this time, I was just thinking to myself, "How could you even mistake those for each other?!  They don't look alike AND they don't sound alike.  So how does that work?!"  In YW's, my teacher was writing the word "architect."  But instead she spelled it "artichetect."  I was completely baffled!  How do you DO that?!  I'm the girl who ends up correcting half of her friends' short stories, shudders when someone says, "The fact is, is that," and cringes inwardly when she can't do anything about it.  Now do you see why I want to be an English teacher?

Okay, you can unplug your ears now.  I actually have something worthwhile to say.  You all saw my poster that I got for Christmas, right?  If not, you can look at my post entitled, "CHRISTMAS!" or you can just read on.

According to Allie, the friend that gave it to me, she didn't even know what the whole poster said.  She just saw the first couple of lines and thought it was cool, so she picked it up.  But I'm very glad she did, because it was exactly what I needed.  I finally wrote it down.  A small back-story goes with this.  In Testimony Meeting, one of the sisters said that she was going to do all she could to act as if she was in the Celestial Kingdom, at all times, and that actually getting there was her ultimate goal.  Before she even finished, and challenged the rest of us to do the same, I had decided that I wanted to do that.  Okay, now the poem.

Some days
I can be strong, I can be weak
I can be proud, I can be meek
I can be gentle, or I can be tough
I can explode when I've had enough
Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry
Sometimes I lose, but I will always try
I will always get up when I get knocked down
And make a smile out of any frown
I hope that God likes me the day that we meet
If only for a chance to sit at His feet
And be by His side, year after year
While all of the bad things just disappear
So when life gets tough, and it's hard to be strong
I'll never forget...
     HEAVEN
is WHERE
   I BELONG

Okay, I didn't make those last words all fancy of my own accord, it was actually emphasized like that on the poster.  Just so you know.  I like that ending part a lot because it reminds me of my new goal.  I read it again after Testimony Meeting and it was inspiring to me.

I hope that I've inspired someone somehow.  Thank you all for reading my blog!  It means a lot!  Have an amazing day for me, okay?  I love you all!

A. J. McKay

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a beautiful poem. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but sometimes they do it consistently, and that usually means that they don't know how to spell the word. I notice these things. ;)

    Yeah, I know. I try not to but sometimes I can't help myself. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how to spell, but what I'm horrible at is the punctuation!!! You can correct my punctuation... If you want to :)

      Delete